Thursday, November 12

Happy Martinsmas

As if the beautiful days do not pass quickly enough, 2 kids have been down for the count and I am a little sick as well, a mild cold, or as Anders says "the kids are getting pig ears..."

Well, despite that, we made lanterns and have baked, and have told the story of St. Martin over and over again. Been speaking about being kind and generous to each-other, doing a lot of coloring, as I have yet to receive wet-on-wet paints in the mail from my mom.

"I walk with my lantern, my lantern, myself and I.
Up yonder bright little stars shine, down here we're stars to the sky.
The new moon shines, the cat meows.
We walk with our little lanterns.
Our lanterns so shiiny bright.
We wonder through the darkness, with twinkling light
Like stars that swing, our lanterns we bring."

Autumn is on the brink. Lea's last efforts to feed the squirrel result in mounds of oak nuts.



Sweet potato and selleri soup, pureed and eaten outside with sunflower seed sprinkles.

Hope you all had a peaceful day, and have lit many candles, as the days get darker.

1 comment: