Monday, May 24

News and days

One month, that must be the limit. I have had this demarcation date in the back of my head now for days. Time flies when you are having fun, or simply extremely busy, all the same, time is all relevant, and "everydayness" and evening work has all been non- pleasure, all business.

The most important time consumer for me has been being accepted to quite a substantial seminar in Beirut in June, requiring intense read ups, and language buffering. I planned on going down in June no matter what, to do fieldwork, and when I was accepted it all sort of materialized. I am really excited about going. Really, it has been a year since last time, but still all too soon, to leave these wonderful kids, and my beautiful hubby. 17 days is a long time, a long time to be away, not just that they will forget me, but what I will miss out on. Like today, an everyday at home, involving Whitsun dove mobiles, baking lemon/ poppy seed cake for Noa's dolls birthday afternoon tea, laundry and gardening.


Noa conquered his Early Rider.

Walks in the woods. The twins are old enough to walk!! Without a buggy, and without one single beg or whine, this trip was about almost 2km one-way.


Strawberry season is up in Belgium. They are down to $4 for a box. Which is cheep. We invested in a quality blender a few weeks ago, and are now smoothie-ed out, on all the berries and spirulina. And coconut, pineapple, sesames, dates, and so on and so forth. At any rate, the difference between female and male hand-and-eye coordination revealed itself, with Lea handling the knife with dad.



Noa pretended to be participating... while sneak eating.

No strawberries in my cheeks, dad!

Will be back with more, asap. Good night.

1 comment:

  1. What a challenge your 17 day event will be, sometimes one does need to do things for oneself. Lovely photos of your children cheers Marie

    ReplyDelete